on Mar 18, 2012 in Spain Tourism
(PRWEB UK) 7 March 2012
According to research by the Planet Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), the international Travel & Tourism market will grow by two.8% in 2012, marginally more quickly than the worldwide rate of economic growth, predicted to be 2.5%.
This rate of growth implies that Travel & Tourism sector is expected to directly contribute $ two trillion to the international economic climate and sustain some 100.three million jobs.
When the wider economic impacts of the industry are taken into account, Travel & Tourism is forecast to contribute some $ 6.five trillion to the worldwide economy and create 260 million jobs or 1 in 12 of all jobs on the planet.
In 2011, Travel & Tourisms total economic contribution, taking account of its direct, indirect and induced impacts, was US$ 6.3 trillion in GDP, 255 million jobs, US$ 743 billion in investment and US$ 1.two trillion in exports. This contribution represented 9% of GDP, 1 in 12 jobs, 5% of investment and five% of exports.
David Scowsill, President & CEO of WTTC, mentioned: In 2012, when international travellers are expected to surpass one billion for the first time, the industry will pass two other significant milestones: a direct contribution of $ 2 trillion to the world economy and 100million jobs. But these numbers are dwarfed by the total forecast contribution of our industry $ 6.five trillion to the international economy and 260 million jobs.
Over the medium-term, the prospects of the industry are even much more positive with common annual growth expected to be four% by way of to 2022 by which time Travel & Tourism will employ 328 million people or 1 in 10 of all jobs on the planet.
David Scowsill continued: It is clear that the Travel & Tourism market is going to be a significant driver of global growth and employment for the next decade. Our sector is responsible for generating jobs, pulling men and women out of poverty, and broadening horizons. It is one of the worlds great industries.
Other selected highlights from the analysis show:
- The Travel Department Announce 2012 Escorted Holidays (0)
- International Travel and Leisure Industry Drive Home Substantial Revenues, as Tourism Turns Into a Cultural Norm, According to New Report by International Industry Analysts, Inc. (0)
- Wellness Travel Technologies Signs Patient Referral and Management Licensing Partnership with Orbicare Latin American Wellness Care Network (0)
- Turismo Rural Granada – Rural Villas in Spain. Tourism in Andalucia (4)
- Turismo Extremadura – Ojalá Estuvieras Aquí – Spain Tourism – Cáceres 2016 (21)
- Travel Spain: A Sightseeing Tour of Madrid (25)
- Torremolinos, Spain tourism: Tidied up resort is quantity one for bargain sun (0)
- The Very best of Spain – Barcelona Travel (5)
- Taking A Caravan To Europe? Travel Suggestions From Towergate Insurance coverage (0)
- Specsavers continues literacy link for 2012 With A New Series of The Television Book Club (0)
- Spain’s Most Beautiful Villages – A Travel Video (1)
- Spain Travel Destinations & Areas To Check out in Spain (0)
- Spain Travel Data (0)
- Spain Travel (0)
- Spain Tourism Video 360p H 264 AAC (0)
- Spain Tourism Video (5)
- Spain Tourism – Spain Tour Packages from India (0)
- Spain Tourism – Spain Tour Packages from India (0)
- Snohomish County Launches Tourism Branding Program (0)
- San Sebastián – Donostia, Spain Travel Video Guide (24)
- Original Poster Spain Iberosol Holiday System Costa Painting Travel Easter ’83 (0)
- New Tourism Partnership Boosts Destination Efficiency Visibility (0)
- New Thoughts Wins Newquay Tourism Website Project (0)
- New medical tourism research from Treatment Abroad states 9 out of 10 patients would do it once more (0)
- New Enticing System by Seven Directions Tours to 2012 over 300 Artists Santa Fe Spanish Market and Exclusive Hispanic Heritage Sites (0)
- Navarra, Spain Tourism Video (0)
- Melrose Jewelers Launches the 2012 MJ Rolex Watches Holiday Style Guide for the Chief Executive (0)
- Martha Pomares Elected 2012 Chairman of the MIAMI Association of REALTORS (0)
- Magical Spain Tour Travel Insider Guide Video by MagicalSpain.com (1)
- Madrid, Spain Travel Video Guide (15)
- Madrid Spain – Travel photos (2)
- Leading ten Travel Attractions, Madrid (Spain) – Travel Guide Video (24)
- International Adaptive Cruise Manage Systems Industry to Reach 6.9 Million Units by 2017, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (0)
- I need to have Spain – 2010 Spain Tourism Campaign English Subs (24)
- Huesca, Aragon in Spain – Tourism 2.0 (10)
- How Travel Agents Can Maximize Last Minute Bookings with IAVRA.com (0)
- Granada, Spain Travel Video Guide (25)
- GoAbroad Features the Leading ten Volunteer Abroad Destinations for 2012 (0)
- Gay Travel to Spain (0)
- dnata Acquires Leading On the internet Travel Agency, Travel Republic (0)
- Digitalmoz Search engine optimization Company from the Philippines Receives Gold Prize from 2012 International Star Award for Top quality held at Geneva, Switzerland (0)
- Carnaval – Unique Travel Knowledge Hidden in Northern Spain (0)
- Barcelona, Spain Travel Video Guide (25)
- Backpacking Spain Travel – A Indicates To Learn Actual Spain (0)
- Apartment Vacations In Spain That Will Cost Tag A Lot Less In 2012 (0)